Wednesday 19 March 2014

Spring Time Makeup Look

I received an MUA order today, which I've been excited about ever since I put the order in last Thursday. My love of receiving new makeup and trying it all out is unrivaled by most other experiences, it fills me with small child on Christmas levels of joy.

As I unwrapped the items I swatched most of them, but I couldn't resist going all out and redoing my makeup just to have a bit of a play. This is what I accomplished:
I absolutely adored all the new products I used to get this look. Up until now I have never tried a coral coloured lipstick, but I got MUA's £1 lipstick in shade 16 and I'm so glad I did. It applies really easily, and is very pigmented. The colour is a soft coral, not too orange or in your face, and I think it would be very complimentary on most skin tones.

I also tried the Matte foundation in Soft Sand. This was the lightest colour they had, but I was slightly worried about it being too yellow for my ultra pale skin, however that doesn't seem to be a problem. I used my normal flat topped foundation brush to apply it and I'm really pleased with the result! A lot of the reviews online complained about it not really being very matte, and I'm inclined to agree, it has about the same finish as my Rimmel Match Perfection, however when set with a powder it looks lovely and natural, so I'm still pleased with it, especially for £1.

As I am pale, I've never before really used bronzer. I've had a few that have just been too strong and have looked overly orange or muddy, but I decided to try the £1 bronzer in shade 1. It was hard to tell online whether it was matte or shimmery, I was hoping for matte but in reality it does have a shimmer to it. When applied with a very light hand it hasn't made my skin orange and it doesn't look too fake, so hopefully with practice I might be able to get a sunkissed bronze look perfect for the summer (or whatever we're going to get here in England).

The other products I got were the £1 blush in Candyfloss (used above), a brown eyeliner, a red lipliner, a £1 lipstick in shade 3, a gold liquid eyeliner (shade 3, used above), a gold eyedust (shade 4, used above), a £1 eyeshadow (shade 20), a fashionista powder compact (fair) and a lip lacquer (reckless), which I've been desperate to try for ages!

All of the products seem fabulous, and I'll probably post a few more reviews of my favourite items in the weeks to come!

No comments: