Tuesday 28 January 2014

Student Tip #1

Make up brushes can be very expensive.

A lot of my favourite YouTubers will always be using Mac or Sephora brushes, the likes of which are hopelessly beyond my budget. I don't even think my entire weeks' wages would buy one brush. 

I managed to collect a few make up brush sets before I really knew what make up was, but one eyeshadow brush just didn't suffice once I learned how to properly apply make up. Rather than going in for any expensive brushes, I decided to browse Ebay, and am so glad that I did.

You can buy completely inexpensive brushes for £1-£2, and they usually even have free delivery, which is mental considering that they're usually coming from China or Hong Kong. The ones which I have purchased so far have been amazing! I have a smaller brush which is great for applying shadow along the lower lash line, a lovely blending brush and a stippling brush, which is so soft on my face and really easy to use.

One slight issue is brush fakes. There are often brushes around which claim to be Mac or Real Techniques which are actually just cheap imitations, my tip here would be "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is!" At least if you purchase the cheap brushes to begin with, you know what to expect and can't be disappointed! 

I think they can provide really great value for money, and even if they aren't amazing, for the money you have nothing to lose.

No comments: